As soon as the offer is added, the offer’s pixel needs to be placed and tested at the advertiser’s side.
- Go to the “Tracking” tab of the offer and copy the tracking URL and the required type of the pixel (cookie based or s2s).
- If you’re using a creative, copy the Tracking URL from the “Creatives” tab.
- Pass all this info to the advertiser.
NOTE: make sure the approved affiliate ID is used in the tracking URL, otherwise you’ll get a redirection with the “Offer is not deployed by affiliate” reason.
- Once pixel placement and tracking test has been completed by the advertiser go to Statistics, click on Transactions, select the Transactions Status: Click and Approved hit Apply.
- The offer is ready to go live, if the transaction status is Approved.
- Cookie based pixels
- If the pixel was not fired and only a click was recorded, ask the advertiser to check the pixel’s placement and run another test.
- Once confirmed, check Statistics.
- If the pixel is still not converting, request a screenshot of the pixel’s placement. Ensure that it has not been somehow modified.
- If the iFrame pixel appears to be placed correctly, but is not converted anyway, send the IMG pixel and request the iFrame pixel to be replaced with the IMG one. Run another test and check Statistics again.
- If nor iFrame nor IMG pixel doesn’t work, use s2s tracking.
- s2s pixel
- Follow steps 1-3 for cookie based pixels.
- Check the Landing Page URL to ensure the HASH value is posted to the correct variable.
- Make sure the unique HASH value is inserted to the s2s pixel for each transaction at the advertiser’s side.